Thursday 8 August 2013

Are we brave or crazy?


This is the best Summer I've had the chance to witness in the UK. Sun is shining, life is good and I can't complain. (After just saying that, the next paragraph won't make much sense.)
I've handed in my resignation after almost five years working at the same place. I had four different roles and was really enjoying learning so much from my incredibly talented colleagues while trying to kick-ass as a Project Manager. I thought it was very sweet of my manager to say that there will always be a job for me if I decide to come back to Cambridge.
Pete's sabbatical hasn't been 100% finalised but he tells me it has been approved. We haven't bought the plane tickets yet but our plan is to travel to Asia (Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines), Australia and South America (or Central) for one year. 
For this, firstly we need to get rid of our stuff. This was our first unfurnished flat. We've been living here for four years and it's unbelievable the amount of stuff we managed to collect. Such a cliche, but it's true. We're selling everything that hasn't got a strong emotional link to us. We're selling or giving away everything that we once loved and thought necessary at some point. I've got a huge list and am a woman in a mission now. 
- Would you like to buy my stuff?